Friday, January 22, 2016

Update Letter

Hello to all my family and friends, 

Thank you for your continued support for me as I pursue missions with New Tribes Missions. I am in my last semester here at the bible school in Jackson Michigan. As of this month all my bills for school here at New Tribes Bible Institute (NTBI) have been paid. Thank you for your prayers, financial support, and encouragement. I have been blessed to see first hand many of you partnering with me in missions while I am still in training and ministry here in the states. Thank you for being a part of what God is doing in my life and in the world.

Every semester here at NTBI has brought new challenges and responsibilities on top of school. Here's a few of the highlights. The first two semesters and half of the Summer I was working at an adult care facility. I learned a lot about dependence at my job as I cared for those who couldn't care for themselves completely anymore. I also had the opportunity my first semester to teach at a Good News Club with CEF. I had the sweetest girls in this club who taught me that I'm a missionary right now. Unfortunately working with GNC didn't continue past the first semester. My second year I started co-teaching 7th and 8th grade Sunday school with two other students. I've been learning to work with a growing team, learning when to step up and when to hold back and let others step up. This school year I've also been learning Greek from my pastor here, it's been difficult because I don't have as much time as I would like to devote to this. I'm learning to have both patience and diligence in my time working on Greek. I've also been meeting about every two or three weeks with two ladies I used to work with. We have been doing a bible study with the book By This Name. For this last semester here at NTBI I was asked to be a part of the student leadership team. I am the new RA (Resident Assistant) of the dorm that I have been in this year.

So what's next and how can you be involved? I am planning to continue on in New Tribes training with the intention of working with them as my missions organization. They have a two and a half year training program in Missouri where I plan to go next, where I will get training for cross cultural missions. The reason I'm getting all this training is because I want to have the long term in mind. I want to be a missionary who is a part of reaching people for the gospel of Christ, those who don't have any Christians that speak their language. To do this will be a long process and I want to be well equipped to not just get there, but stay there long enough to have a successful church plant. New Tribes has set up their training to prepare a missionary for the long term successful missions. The cost per semester will be $3,091, not including personal expenses, food, or books for classes. I am in the process of applying to go this upcoming August. Please be praying for both the finances and the approval to go this next August. I am trusting God with the timing and finances of this next step.

Many of you have asked about what country I want to go to. I intend to choose a county to go to while at training in Missouri. I am not set on one country or one specific job, my desire is to be a part of reaching the unreached with the gospel. I have been thinking and praying about Papua New Guinea (PNG), as it has over 800 different languages and many people there are asking for missionaries to come. Also New Tribes is already active in PNG, they know of the needs and there are roles ready to be filled. My desire right now is to have a role in church planting and bible translation, but I will continue to trust God with this and see where He would have me.

Here are some ways you can continue to pray for me:
  • For my continued growth in my faith and understanding of God. 
  • For my new responsibilities, and continued diligence with what I've been doing. 
  •  Pray for me to become a better communicator and that I would have my confidence in God with the things He has entrusted me with.
  •  Please pray for the next step of training, both for finances and timing.
With Love in Christ
- Josephine


No comments:

Post a Comment