Saturday, November 21, 2015

Courage to Continue

In less than a month I'll be done with this semester at school. I'm coming home to the west coast for my Christmas break. As I have less than a year left here I've been thinking a lot about upcoming plans. I hope to be going to New Tribes Missions Training Center (MTC) in Missouri next. MTC is a 2½ year training program for missionaries headed to be a part of a church planting team. The training focuses on church planting, Christian living, along with culture and language acquisition. From there I will then decide on the place to go and start raising support to go.

Thinking of all the things that could stop me from going to the missions field or even just everything that will need to come together to finally get there can be overwhelming. This then leads my mind to the difficulties of missions on the field in a different culture. I know people way more qualified. What would make me have the courage to go? It's not my abilities that give me courage, it's the one who is with me. Matthew 28:18-20 “Then Jesus came up and said to them, 'All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And remember, I am with you always, to the end of the age.'”

I can walk forward in faith not because of who I am but because of who is with me. This week as I've had the future on my mind one of the most encouraging verses for me has been 2Corinthians 12:9 “But he said to me, 'My grace is enough for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' So then, I will boast most gladly about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may reside in me.” 

Thank you for your faithful prayers and support.

Josephine
We got our first snow of the season today.
One of my new friends :)

No comments:

Post a Comment